If you have a wide screen monitor, the Firefox's sidebar is definitely worth a shot.
Firefox sidebar occupies about one-eighth of your screen width, sits in the left portion of the screen and can carry an always visible web page, no matter what tab your are currently browsing on.
Even though you can load any web site into the sidebar, sites that are customized for viewing in a mobile phone browser or iPhone works best. This is because the width of the Firefox sidebar almost matches with the width of a mobile phone screen, giving the perfect experience.
Here we give you a collection of sites and their address, that you can load up in your sidebar. But first, here is what you should do to get a page loaded in sidebar.
- If the link given is of an extension, just install that extension to get the sidebar.
- Bookmark the link (Right click the link and select "Bookmark This Link").
- Right click on the bookmark, select properties.
- Check the box named "Load this bookmark in the sidebar".
- Now click on the bookmark to load it into sidebar.
Sites to load into Firefox sidebar.
- Google Search: http://www.google.com/m
- Google Chat: http://talkgadget.google.com/talkgadget/client
- Google Reader: http://www.google.com/reader/i/
- iGoogle: http://www.google.com/ig/mobile
- Google Docs: http://docs.google.com/m
- Gmail: http://m.gmail.com
- Twitter: http://m.twitter.com/
- Facebook chat: http://www.facebook.com/presence/popout.php
- Delicious: Delicious Extension, which opens a sidebar.
- Remember The Milk: http://m.rememberthemilk.com/
- Flickr: http://m.flickr.com/
- Orkut: http://m.orkut.com/
- Facebook: http://iphone.facebook.com/
- MySpace: http://mobile.myspace.com/
- Digg: http://digg.com/iphone
How To Load Any Website Into Sidebar?
You can convert any web page into its mobile version using the Google Mobilizer. Just enter the website you wish to see in the sidebar and hit enter. Google will give you the address you need to bookmark and load in the sidebar.
Bookmark this link to load DailyGyan.com in your sidebar.